Thursday, April 27, 2006

Year 2, Day 59: The Girl Can't Help It


Emily used to have a poster of the movie "The Girl Can't Help It" in her apartment. I think it was from the Coop, or Mostly Posters, or some such store that sold that kind of poster-y bric-a-brac. I think of that sometimes when I'm with Magnolia and end up eating whatever she's eating. Tonight it was Elmo's Yummy Oatmeal. Of course it's yummy, because despite its organic quality, many of its ingredients are sugar. I'm not blaming her at all, it's all me. But the girl can't help it. That's the truth.

Breakfast
1 cup Heritage Flakes
1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean!
1 small banana
Tea

Snack
Medium Dunkin Donuts Coffee (half decaf)
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
3 tablespoons super chunky peanut butter

Lunch: Sushi 21 Bento Box
1 Unagi Nigiri
Chicken Teriyaki
Mescalun Greens/Seaweed Salad
2 Fried Shumai
Green Tea

Dinner
Hamburger
Asparagus
Peppadews

Afterwards
1 Bite of a Chocolate Kids Cliff Bar
2 Bites of Elmo Yummy Oatmeal

Went for a VERY brisk walk today with just one other from the gang. Second one this week—very encouraging. Glad that the weather supports this activity, because I have still not found my way to a second trip to the gym. During today's walk, I found it almost hard to keep up (did have to take a call about half way through). Definitely broke a sweat, which is good, because I ate a big lunch right afterwards, and I will probably see Detecto tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Dieter's secret. Chinese or Japanese food although delicous has high salt content. You'll weigh at least a pound more than your steady state the next day. Nevertheless I hope your visit with Mr. D went well. Love, MOM