Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Year 2, Day 36: But Enough About Me

I realize that one of the things that I said I stopped doing in order to lose weight was finishing my kid's food, but now that Magnolia is eating things besides breast milk and pabulum, I am having to watch out all over again. It's just here and there, but before you know it, you're eating all kinds of stuff that you hadn't planned on at 8:00 at night. That's bad.

Breakfast
1 cup Kashi Go Lean!
1/4 cup Grape Nuts
1 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
1 small banana
The remains of Ruby's Peanut Butter & Banana Slice-Sandwich
Tea

Snack
10 Cashews
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
3 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch: Russo's Salad ($6.89)
Red Leaf, Red Onion, Red Peppers
Chick Peas, Chicken
Feta, Broccoli, Pepperocini

Dinner: Blue Ribbon BBQ
Pulled Chicken
Burnt Ends
Rosa-Style Grilled Asparagus

An unprecedented, almost seven-dollar salad today should have kept me going yet I reached for the yogurt as snack anyway. Another (possibly unfounded) fear is that I relax a little too much; let myself have a few too many things. If I can remember back to last summer, the berry season was irresistible.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hold on. The berries are coming...the berries are coming. I didn't think Magnolia left anything over. Love, MOM