Sunday, April 09, 2006

Year 2, Day 41: Golf

I know that people love golf. I know that like classical music, it takes years to fully appreciate. I know that the top golfers are skilled athletes. But it's not really what I want to watch when I'm working out. It's quite boring, and I certainly can't tell what's happening without sound, unless I look at the elliptical-izer next to me, who is oohing ahhing and grimacing with every play on the Masters live tournament. Unfortunately for me, the only machine open was "F", which does not have a view of any other TV in the gym. So I did the only I could think of: picked shuffle "Queen" on my iPod and started to think about the next American Idol and who would sing what. I did five miles on the elliptical in 48 minutes, and then about a half mile on the track. And I wasn't even out of breath.

Breakfast
2 Strips Jennie O
3 Scrambled Eggs
3.5 oz 50% jalapeno cheddar
Tea

Etc.
Starbucks half decaf coffee
small slice of french toast
Bite of Banana
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
4 slices ham
2 cracker barrel cheese slices (2 oz)
1 teaspoon peanut butter

Lunch
Romaine Lettuce, Cabbage
Feta, Tuna, Carrot, Celery

Dinner
Emily's Brown Rice and Chicken
Guacamole
Tomato Slices
2 Bites of Ruby's Hamburger

Today just felt like a day way out of control. I felt like I had no idea what I was eating (but of course I always know). I realize that I am always much, much hungrier after a workout, but I try to plan meals so that I can eat after, and not be super hungry and eat lots of calories when I shouldn't be eating them. The weekends in general have been difficult–keeping them 'tight' on calories.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Weekends are like that. But great news on the exercise front. Love, MOM