Thursday, April 06, 2006

Year 2, Day 38: Oh, Those Brisk Walks and Mini Eggs


A sunny but crisp day greeted me and though I fretted that I had sent Ruby in appropriate dress (I didn't, it was 50 degrees in the sun by lunch time) it sure felt good to be alive. I realized it would be one of our only good walking days this week and in fact, we got out there and did a good walk. Sometimes, I can't believe how fast it goes by. Today we were near the end before I knew it and I was glad because I was super hungry, and almost had to eat a cookie just so I didn't pass out on line.


Breakfast
1 cup Kashi Go Lean!
1/4 cup Grape Nuts
1 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
1 small banana

Snack
12 oz coffee (half decaf)
15 Cashews

Lunch: Peter's Kitchen
Greek Salad
Chicken, Feta, Carrots, Cucumbers
1 Slice Pita Bread

Dinner:
Emily's Veal Patty
Leeks & Onions
Peppadews
2 of Magnolia's Bugles (Don't Ask)

One of the things we spoke about today on the walk was Cadbury Mini Eggs. These are milk chocolate shaped eggs in a crisp sugar shell. A co-worker suggested them, and I thought she was talking about the Cadbury Creme Egg. No, this is totally different. These are, as someone wrote in the candy blog "pure can’t-stop-eating-them evil." Passing them in the CVS the other day made my legs buckle with longing. You really can't believe it. They are like candy crack. Sure, you think it's a cliche. Go eat a bag and tell me what you think then. If you don't want to get hooked, you can get lost for hours on the candy blog http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/cadbury_mini_eggs/

1 comment:

Mom said...

By the way, there's nothing wrong with the Cadbury Cream Egg either except it's pure sugar and chocolate...It is candy crack. Love, MOM