Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Year 2, Day 50: Return to Work; No Scooter Pies



Today was my return to work after four days away, and naturally, there was a lot to do. It always a mixed blessing to return— it's good to know you're needed, but sometimes it can be daunting when you realize how much there is to do. Not to mention the same struggle everyone has in balancing their life dreams, home responsibilites and work duties. On top of it all, you have to keep eating matzoh until Thursday.

Breakfast
1 cup Kashi Go Lean!
1/4 cup Grape Nuts
1 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
1 small banana

Snack:
Medium Dunkin Donuts (half decaf)
25 Pistachios
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
3 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch: Russo's Salad ($5.13)
Red Leaf, Red Onion, Red Peppers
Chick Peas, Chicken
Feta, Broccoli

Dinner:
Pork Cutlets
Brocolli, Celery

Etc.
2 small bites of Ruby's Frosted-Sprinkle Cookies
2 small bite of Magnolia's Yummy Oatmeal

Amazingly, I was going to write about my obsession with Scooter Pies—which were sort of like giant malamars that were always available on the lowest shelf in the cookie aisle of the supermarket. I now realize, rather cynically, that they put them there so kids, who are naturally low to the ground, can both see them AND reach them to put them in the cart. I could not find an image of the Scooter Pie, so I may have to go out to the store and get a box (for demonstration only). They may be called something else now, or may have changed manufacturers, it's hard to tell now.
Amazingly, all I could find online was some reference to "Salerno Scooter Pies", which RESEMBLE the original. Salerno is apparently a company that was part of the Sunshine Cookie company that they sold. Scooter Pies were originally created by Burry, then taken over by Quaker Oats. No matter who makes them, you can still go out and get them I bet.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I don't know...pork cutlets just don't seem right during Passover....and I honestly can say I have never even heard before of a Scooter Pie. Good luck with your searches. Love, MOM