Sunday, April 16, 2006

Year 2, Day 48: Easter Egg Hunt

The day began as it always does, with Ruby and I galumphing down the steps to greet the day. I made French Toast for the girls and I continued to look for a Easter Egg hunt locally. Note to churches: you are not optimizing your sites for search marketing; I could only find one church Web site that even listed the Egg Hunt as an activity. I can't describe what else I found, but I promise, it wasn't about Easter. On a tip from Emily, I called my neighbor, who was planning to go to a secular Egg Hunt at Wilson Farms in Lexington, MA. With unusual expediency, we put on our pastel outfits and lit out. It took all of about 15 minutes but I must say it was a nice affair.

Breakfast
1 cup Kashi Go Lean!
1/4 cup Grape Nuts
1 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
1 small banana

Snack-Eez
1 Joy Stick
1/2 a Movie Popcorn
1 bite of a Easter Chocolate

Lunch
Romaine and Cabbage Salad with Feta
Emily's Whole-Wheat Breadcrumb Chicken

Dinner
93% Sirloin Burger
Emily's Stir-Fry Cabbage
Peppadews
String Beans

Dessert
1/2 of Ruby's Sugar Cookie

The greatest disappointment today was the fact that the JCC was closed "for renovations." To add insult to injury, they are closed for 10 Days! God made the world in seven days, but his people cannot renovate one room in that time. After getting fully dressed for the workout, iPod and towel in hand, I pulled up to the JCC with that feeling you get when you know something's wrong— no cars AT ALL in the lot. I couldn't believe they would be closed because I was just thinking to myself "I'm glad I'm a member of the JCC (gym)— I bet all the other gyms are closed for Easter." Zoinks! Since I'm already in my workout duds, I decide to walk around the neighborhood for as long as I can. I made it just about 55 minutes. Even with the iPod (I had typed walkman...) I find walking alone to be wildly boring. However, I did sus out, just a hop from my house is a walking path around the Cutler reservation that has a pond. I wasn't up to THAT walk today, but maybe by the end of the summer...

1 comment:

Mom said...

I know the feeling. Ruth and I went to have dinner and play bridge on Saturday night. We had dinner and then walked towards the club...same thing..door locked no cars in the parking lot. No game on Saturday nights anymore. Otherwise I continue to admire your determination to exercise. Bravo! Love, MOM