Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Year 2, Day 37: Lost My Sense of Humor

Last night for no known reason, I completely lost my sense of humor, causing me to have to 'take to bed.' I could barely write anything. It was brought on by a confluence of things, including, but not limited to, enormous amounts of non-justifiable self-pity and feelings of woe about the world. Fortunately, a night's sleep and a freak April snowstorm snapped me out of it.

Breakfast
4 Slices of Ham
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
3.5 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Tea

Snack
12 oz coffee (half decaf)
6 oz. plain yogurt
3 tablespoons super chunky peanut butter

Lunch: Chinese
Shredded Pork & Cabbage
Sliced Chicken with Spinach
Hot & Sour Soup

Dinner:
Char a la Emily
Broccoli and Celery

Wednesdays are my night with the kids, if only for a few hours. I do really enjoy it, though. It can be hair-raising, but when those kids are in the tub together, or I can carry them both at the same time, and I don't run out of energy, I'm really glad I changed my life because the old me would be lying on the floor, exhausted after just five minutes with them. It makes me think (about myself and others) I thought I could do so much before I was freed of my burden. But now I really know what doing a lot is. It makes you want to go help other people with their specific burdens, whatever they may be. But I suppose if I can just help raise two kids right, I'll be doing well.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Raising two kids is a wonderful contribution to the world. Go to it! Where are the new bathtub pictures? Love, MOM