Thursday, August 31, 2006

Year 2, Day 182 Tennis Wins, Arm Loses

90 minutes of tennis were a great workout today though, as I have discussed here not at all the same as 60 minutes on the elliptical. My arm is now totally in a state of throbbed-out shock, such that typing is quite uncomfortable and carrying anything of substantial weight is a no-no. I took both sets from Emily tonight, 7-5, 7-5, a first in our recent play. Though she said I wasn't moving well, I felt good and worked up a good sweat. Except for an occasional bout of pre-carpel tunnel, I do not recall such an arm injury. I suppose I will be sidelined for quite a while.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean/Heritage Flakes
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Strawberries & Blueberries
Green Tea
Ruby's unfinished French Toast

Snack
Coffee
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
3 Sticks Beef Jerky

Lunch: Russo's ($4.98)
Red leaf, red pepper, red onion
broccoli, chicken, mushrooms, feta
balsamic vinegar

Pretennis Snack
Several handfuls of Almonds/Cashews
3 Wheat Thins

Dinner:
Turkey Crumble in Lettuce Wraps
Diet Ginger Ale

Dessert
Two Nips

Strawberries remain good; and in a fit of inspired pique, I took over the dinner duties and made Emily's famous turkey crumble. I have asked her and observed her making it, so I addressed myself to the wok and did it. Emily said I made it better than hers, which is a great complement. It's also great because it is hands down my favorite SoBe thing to eat, with the possible exception of turkey bacon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I said but you refuse to believe, we split sets that night.

Also, the only reason your crumble is better than mine is because you took the time and trouble to add way more veggies. I stick my tongue out at you! Blyeeh!

Mom said...

So where is the recipe for the turkey crumble. It sounds great. Maybe you should see someone like an Orthopedist about your arm. It doesn't sound like playing does much good. Love, MOM