Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Year 2, Day 161: Day of Oriental Fish

In a surprise last-minute turn of events, we got a babysitter and Emily and went to play tennis outside. It was a perfect night of no humidity. We played at the JCC since the indoor courts are so hot and really only suitable when the weather is inclement. There were annoying people on the court when we got there, but they left after the first set, which I won, 6-3. As we started the second set, we moved over (we were on the middle court) to the far court and a so-called "Tennis clinic" came in and insisted on playing on the court next to us, even though they could have easily played on the far court, furtherest away from us. This caused Emily and I to roll our eyes and become very sill. She took the second set 7-6 (7-1) after getting me down 5-1. Then we went to a sushi place for something quick and noticed the restaurant had a picture of Magnolia on their wall! They took it last time we were there, which was about a year ago.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain
4 Slices Ham
Green Tea
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter (Super Chunky)

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
4 sticks Beef Jerky

Lunch: The Elephant Walk
Salade Cambodgienne
(Shredded cabbage, carrots and chicken with red
bell pepper, onion, peanuts, mint and Asian basil;
dressed with tuk trey)
Grilled, Boneless Trout
Bamboo Basket of Vegetables (Steamed baby bok choy, asparagus, utoy, summer
squash snow peas and red bell pepper)

Dinner: Sushi
Miso Soup
Salad
Edamame
Sashimi Combo: Salmon, Tuna, Yellowtail, Crab
5 Raisins (Magnolia made me eat them)

The Elephant Walk, as you may have guessed, is a special place reserved only for special people, and today I went out with a recent ex-co-worker. We may have ordered wrong, since the bamboo basket was bland, but we had a good time. My friendship with this employee feels to me very much like my discovery of the Balthazar outlet store not five minutes from my father-in-law's house (which is being sold in two weeks). I don't think I properly explored it or took advantage of it, and soon it will be far away from where I am most days. But I sure am grateful for what I got when I got it.

1 comment:

Mom said...

From the Cape: For a moment I thought you meant that Balthazar's was being sold. But on another reading I realized that I must have feelings too about Emily's dad's house. As for the Elephant Walk...can't wait until the next time I get to go. We had a rain day yesterday but other wise soaking up sun very pleasantly. Love, MOM