Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Year 2, Day 181: Crawling from the Wreckage

Today I vow, as I have done every day since my vacation to get back and get lean. Despite suffering some kind of injury during my last tennis game, I want to remain healthy, and I don't want the end of the summer, the return of Emily and Ruby to school, and Magnolia's first year in preschool to send me to the Ben & Jerry's bin. So far that's been a way off, but there's pressure.

Breakfast
1 Cup Heritage Flakes/Kashi Go Lean/Kashi Go Lean Crunch
1 Cup Blueberries/Strawberries
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Green Tea

E-Snack
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn
6 Dried Apricots

Lunch: Peter's Kitchen
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken and Feta
Balsamic Vinegar

Dinner
93% Sirloin Hamburger
Pickles
Peppadews
Salad, Cabbage, Celery
Balsamic Vinegar

The Domania Gang went for a walk today. In the morning in was breezy and I almost took my jacket, but it's good that I didn't because about half way through it became noticeably and almost uncomfortably hot. One of our gang was walking so fast that he took the lead, stayed out in front, and at the end, for the first time, had to look back to make sure we were still behind him. I think he had some tension to walk off. The results was that we all walked super fast, and by watch we shaved about five minutes off the walk, which is usually 37 minutes and today was about 32 minutes. I sashayed over to Peter's Kitchen and realized I could order balsamic vinegar instead of the tasteless red-wine vinegar I had been ordering. That was a plus.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Balsamic vinegar yes! The exercise is so important....glad the group is walking although I don't believe speed has anything to do with the value of walking. Love, MOM