Monday, August 28, 2006

Year 2, Day 179 Whoah Nellie

This day began with a somewhat less than strident control and led to a runaway train of nonstop eating. Finally arrested at dinner, and quelled the need for anything else (excepting a strawberry).

Breakfast
1.5 Cup Heritage Flakes/Kashi Go Lean
1 Small Banana
Blueberries
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Green Tea

Snackz
40 Smoked Jalapeno Almonds
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
1.5 Sticks Teriyaki Beef Jerky
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
2 Squares Dobago Chocolate
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($4.72)
Red leaf, red pepper, red onion,
broccoli, mushrooms, feta, chicken
balsamic vinegar

Dinner:
Cabbage, Romaine, Celery, Onions
Chicken, Balsamic Vinegar
a Few Strawberries

To my amazement, and certainly a shock to anyone who might read this, I passed by the Strawberries at Russo's—and it was a little bit like "The Way We Were" moment. Did I believe my eyes? Here, in August, and not from Canada, or at least, not advertised from Canada, were some very June looking Strawberries. Forgetting all previous renouncements, I scooped them up and took them home, and they were very, very, very good. I continued to eat them for days. Maybe not June quality, but very close. I don't know the secret, and I'm not asking.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Got some pretty good "organic" strawberries right here at the Food Eporium. Go know. I know how hard it is to get back on track but I know you will....and so will I. Love, MOM