Saturday, August 26, 2006

Year 2, Day 177 Saturday, Off to New York

Saturday came and with it Emily was off to New York. My Mom and I stayed behind to look after the kids. My brother and sister-in-law came by for a visit and we went for a very adult lunch at the kid-friendly Johnny's Luncheonette, where I surprised myself by skipping my usual salami and eggs with a grilled chicken salad. That's the thing about a diet: you really eat a lot of salad. I remember one particular day at 226 lbs thinking, "how could I go on a diet? I'd have to eat a lot of SALAD!" With the onset of that crispness in the air, you can feel Fall coming. And when Fall comes, you want to be cozy eating oatmeal and yummy things, not the cold, un-yummy salad. But after a while, it becomes like water. It may taste (or not taste) different everywhere you go, but it's coldness and wetness become familiar, and then pleasing.

Breakfast
1 slice Balthazar Bread
6 slices of Ham
Green Tea
Coffee

Lunch: Johnny's
Greek Salad with Chicken
Balsamic Vinaigrette
V-8 with Lemon

Snack:
1/2 cup of Go Lean Crunch!
1 1/2 oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Dinner:
Steak Tips
Broccoli
1/2 ear of Corn
Salad with Romaine, Cabbage, Onion, Feta

Dessert:
Wine
Pistachios

Though my vacation is over, I celebrated my last night of staying up late by drinking a few glasses of wine with a half a bag of pistachios. It's not quite the old days of a six pack and a roll of cookie dough, but I don't feel as bad in the morning.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You didn't mention that you cooked the terrific SoBe dinner which was delicious. It was great to share a bottle of wine with you and to talk as we did that evening. I think any eating has got to allow for special times like that. Love, MOM
PS Now I'm cursing myself that I didn't get the 5th season of 24. Amazon doesn't have it yet. Quelle addict!