Thursday, August 17, 2006

Year 2, Day 169: OMG Peppadew Potato Chips

I did pretty well today. Pretty much in control, with two little hiccups. The first one happened when I was passed PEPPADEW flavored potato chips in Russo's. I couldn't resist, and I purchased two bags. Though they have 17G of carbs in one one-ounce serving, I had to taste them. Rather than taste them before my salad, I waited till I was done, so I wouldn't be at the mercy of my hunger, because I had gone for a walk today with 2 others in the DWG and I was ravenous. In retrospect, that didn't really help because something deep inside me made me eat more potato chips than I wanted. Did I go off of the program, or just blunt the benefit of the 2 mile walk? Maybe both? The Peppadew Potato Chips weren't very good in either of their two main categories— that is, as potato chips or a delivery mechanism for peppadew flavor. But like they say, it's hard to eat just one.

Breakfast
2 Soft-Boiled Eggs
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
Green Tea

Snack
3 Beef Jerky Sticks
1/2 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
1 oz. Peppadew Potato Chips

Lunch: Russo's ($5.17)
Red leaf, red pepper, red onion
chicken, feta, mushrooms, broccoli
balsamic vinegar

Dinner: The Met Bar
1/2 slice of pumpernickel bread with hummus
beef tenderloin kebabs
3 oysters
1/2 caesar salad
1/2 pressed chicken under a brick
one very tiny bite of chocolate cake with whipped cream

I was thrown off a little bit today because I had planned on Jalapeno Cheddar for a snack, but I left it on the counter, and had to substitute some early morning jerky and popcorn. Then of course there was the peppadew potato chip issue. Then Emily and I had an impromptu date at the Met Bar where we probably consumed more than we should. I felt very fortunate that the dessert was so bad, preventing me from eating any more of it.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Salt is salt. I can resist ice cream cake and all that stuff...but salt is another matter...I even prefer edamame with Kosher salt....and when I'm getting tired when I drive...the only thing that wakes me up is salt. Oh well...it's still important to limit it. That is life. Love, MOM