Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Year 2, Day 174: Third Day of Vacation

The day stopped short of being an unmitigated disaster because Emily and I played tennis for an hour (and in all honesty, it wasn't our finest hour) and I actually swam a little. Other than that, it's been an all-out eat fest and the gloves are off.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean/Heritage Flakes
1 Small Banana
Blueberries
~1 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Green Tea

That which cannot be described but falls most closely into the 'snack' column, but really more like 'things that fell into my mouth while I wasn't paying attention'
10 grapes
4 handfuls of kettle corn
1 handful cashews/almonds
1/2 of boston lite popcorn
1 oz. cheddar cheese

Lunch:
Seared Steak on Salad
A few bites of Chicken Fingers
Chips'n'Salsa

Dinner:
Another Salad, with Goat Cheese, Chicken, Olives
~1 Slice of Pizza
Nitrite-Free Pepperoni (which looks nothing like pepperoni, for the record).

Dessert:
A bite of Ruby's Vanilla, One bite Emily's Chocolate Soft Serve, two bites of my mother's vanilla ice cream cone.

One of the most highly and frequently recommended places in North Conway was a place called Flatbreads pizza. They did have very good pizza, and ironically they ONLY served two things—pizza and salad. Fortunately, their salad was incredible, and one of the only salads I've ever had that could make Russo's look like a poor man's salad. They are all about organic produce, sustainable economies and spring water. One of their pizzas is called "Punctuated Equilibrium." They obviously used real whole wheat flour and so I felt justified eating a slice, but in the state of mind I was in was likely to do it anyway.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Home: Well it was great to be together...and the eating I suppose is just a part of that. Love, MOM