Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Year 2, Day 167: Back To Grind

After the SoBe equivalent of 'tying one on' last night, I got up determined to right myself. With all diets, and all commitments, one must repeatedly right oneself. It is not enough to be committed to your program. It is not enough to be a zealot; you must be determined that once you go wrong your goal is to get right. People often ask me how I lost weight or isn't it amazing that I did this, or how do you stay married? Or you're this kind of father...what's the secret? The secret, I think, is allowing yourself your mistakes. Because if you don't make any mistakes, as an old boss of mine once said, you aren't trying hard enough.

Breakfast
60g of Heritage Flakes/Kashi Go Lean
1 Cup Strawberries from Quebec/Blueberries
1 Cup unsweetened soy milk
Green Tea

Snack
2 oz 50% Reduced Cheddar (the next thing to go from my diet)
3 sticks beef jerky
1 diet pepsi

Lunch: DeMos
Western Omelet
Greek Salad

Dinner: Cafe D
1 sip of wine
1 tiny crust of bread dipped in olive oil
Bib Salad with Radishes
Smoked Trout with Horseradish Creme Fresh
Sock-Eye Salmon with Green Beans, Asian Flavorings

I went out to dinner with Jill tonight. She wanted me to promise that I would say "Jill forced me to eat bread, beets and pasta," which she didn't. She WANTED me to eat beets, but we agreed on the bib salad, which was excellent. Like a good friend, she ate all the potatoes of the smoked trout so they wouldn't tempt me. I did have one bite of her lamb bolognese. I liked my sock-eye salmon, though I usually don't order it when I go out because it reminds me of being at a Saturday night Jewish wedding at 1AM, which is when they serve dinner. Following dinner we took a walk around JP and then it was time to go.

1 comment:

Mom said...

From New Hampshire (barely) It was a harrowing trip up here but we made it. I agree with you about making mistakes...Some say there is no new learning without the ability to allow one's self to make mistakes. And I think it's true. Love, MOM