Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Year 2, Day 160: Baba Day

This day, the luckiest of all days in Chinese lore is called Father's Day, because the number eight (ba) twice sounds like the word for Father. My father's day present was that I got to be alone with the kids while Emily played in a tennis tournament. The night was so beautiful that we all spent most of the time outside, with Ruby and Magnolia playing with their next neighbors on the slide. It's amazing how the ingredients of four kids, a summer evening and a slide is really all you need to have a good time. After a while, Magnolia wanted her abschminke (blanket) and we had to retire inside, but Ruby was still going an hour later. I literally had to get out the fishing rod and hook to reel her in, and she was kicking all the way at that.

Breakfast
1 slice Balthazar multi-grain bread
4 slices ham
green tea

Snack
2.5 oz 50% jalapeno cheddar
4 sticks beef jerky
diet pepsi

Lunch: Peter's Kitchen
Salad with Feta and Grilled Chicken
Red Wine Vinegar

Dinner
93% Sirloin Burger
Pickles
Peppadews
Romaine, Cabbage, Red Pepper Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

On reviewing many of my days, I realize the next thing to give up is probably red meat. Might still seek out some grass-fed beef before that. I'm worried that I'm a victim of 'corn-fed' raising, and that I won't like it. But it's on my list. Right along with starting my regimen of situps. When will that happen?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Greetings from Cape Cod. I find it odd that our house here has wireless remote which a downtown hotel in Washington,D.C. does not but that's how it it. Some red meat is good for you...it helps build essential things like red blood cells...so don't give it up entirely. Motherly advice from the Cape. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love, MOM