Sunday, May 11, 2008

Year 4, Day 71: Gym and Chocolate

Went to the gym this morning, and did a 40 minute workout in the fear that I would once again, be kicked off the elliptical by a posse of low-endorphin-possessing folk who need a fix.   After 40 minutes was up, I was still feeling like I could do more and there was no one waiting.  So I set up another 25 minute workout and finished it out.  Around 7 miles, all on fat-burning.  I calculated I lost about 700 calories, not including time downstairs (in the weight room) doing some various other workouts.   Then I went home and proceeded to eat at least 700 calories, thereby eliminating nearly any advantage of the workout.  

I mostly spent the day with Magnolia and Ruby and tried to give Emily some much needed free time, though it probably only amounted to a few hours in the end.   Perhaps not the classic hoped-for Mother's Day, but at least it was something.  

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Bananas
Strawberries
Blueberries
Soy Milk
Coffee

Various Things Eaten Without Paying Much Attention To
Nuts
Cheese from last night
Some chocolate chips

Lunch
1 Slice of Whole Wheat Bread with Super Chunky Peanut Butter
Small Salad with Canadian Cheddar and little bit of Chicken

Dinner
Steak Tips 
Broccoli

Dessert
1 Healthy Choice Pop

No comments: