Sunday, May 04, 2008

Year 4, Day 64: Kicked Off the Elliptical

Well, it's been three years and it finally happened. A posse of folks gathered behind me and observed that I was on minute 57:00 of my workout and wanted me to observe the sign that says "30 minutes if people are waiting."   I finished my minute and deplaned, when the guy on a nearby elliptical said "I wouldn't have handled that as well you did."  To which I responded, "well, I had the runner's high."  But what I should have said to the gang is-- the 30 minutes begins when people are waiting or not?  Maybe next time.  Anyway, I did about 6.5 miles and was surely to hit seven if not interrupted.   I did lots of weight stuff at the gym, and I'm looking to do more core-strengthening.   Two weeks till the reunion.  Jeez.

Breakfast
Kashi Go lean
Heritage Flakes
Banana
Strawberries
Blueberries
Soy Milk
Coffee

Postworkout Snack
6 oz Stonyfield Yogurt
Superchunky Peanut Butter

Lunch: The Met Bar @ Natick with Ruby
Greek Salad with chicken
a bite of Ruby's burger
a sip of her chocolate milkshake (delish)
a few fries with ketchup.

Dinner
Flank Steak on the grill a la Robert
Cauliflower
Big Green Salad

Extraneously eaten while preparing dinner or cleaning up
sponge cake slices
some 50% reduced cheddar jalapeno (yep, that again)
some tomato sauce with sausages

Sometimes I fear I'm eating more on gym days than I'm even working off.  Eating at the burger bar with Ruby was a great, great time. She loved her milkshake. When I asked her if it was good, she answered 'it's better than good, it's perfect!'  One of the few shiny parenting moments.  Listen, you've got to take them where you get them.

No comments: