Thursday, May 08, 2008

Year 4, Day 68: I heart Shangri-La

A great moment for me during the very early stages of my diet was eating a dish called pork with celery from Chan Shin Yuan in Watertown, MA.  I had been on phase one for maybe three, four weeks and hadn't had anything with any flavor in it for a while.   Everything tasted like cardboard and felt like rubber in my mouth.   That day was an incredible day because the spice and the flavors made fireworks in my mouth and I ate the whole thing in three minutes, like a depression-era hobo given some soup after a long day canvassing the rail road tracks.   The cousin of the owner of Chan owns Shangri-La, which is amazingly, much better than Chan and fortunately, close enough to my office to go every once in a while.  We try to eat our way through the menu and today was no exception.

Breakfast
Kashi
Heritage Flakes
Banana
Blueberries
Strawberries
Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Shangri-La
Sauteed Cabbage
Pork, Bean Curd and Scallions
Pork Meatball and Bok Choy

Snack
Four Sticks of Beef Jerky
2 Cheese Sticks

Dinner:
Tuna Salad
Bok Choy


No comments: