Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Day 331: Yikes

Ruby continued her campaign of nausea and was in between a few moments of excitability, spent most of the day laid out in bed, watching cartoons. She couldn't keep much down and had little interest in food other than life savers, which were brought over by a friend. It is sobering to think about my diet in the backdrop of someone who can't eat a thing, or is reduced to the BRAT diet by a stomach illness.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain Bread
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar Lite
2 Slices Black Forest Ham
Tea

Snack
12 oz. coffee (half decaf)
30 pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
6 oz. Plain Yogurt with
Lots of Peanut Butter, 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean

Lunch: Russo's Salad
Red Things; Red Onions, Red Leaf Lettuce, Red Pepper, Balsamic Vinegar
Green Things: Olives, Olive Oil, Broccoli, Celery
Protein: Chicken and Feta Cheese

Dinner: A la Emily
Whole-Wheat Dredged Chicken
Broccoli, Celery, Sprouts and Scallions

I promised Ruby I would get her some different life savers (a friend had brought over the five-flavor classic). However, I was unable to do this. Neither CVS I went to had anything but five flavor—I was aghast. I did find some sugarless butter rum and a value pak of WintOgreen, but where was the tropical fruit? Oh how I longed for the fleshy-colored mango life savers! Oh, how I endured the awful fake-coconut ones! How I long to share that experience with my daughter, but due to the cold, cruel heartless marketing department determining that simply won't sell, they've been discontinued. In case you wanted to know, the new five flavors are: Cherry, Watermelon, Pineapple, Raspberry and Orange. I'm not sure why they named a companion product "creme savers" as they don't save creme or lives.

No comments: