Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Day 317: The Most Hated Man in the Supermarket

All I have to say is if supermarkets are open until 10PM, then they shouldn't get angry at you when you come in at 9PM and want you to serve them. Is it my fault they've put everything away? I feel hateful, stabbing eye-looks as I trespass through the store, picking things from shelves that supermarket employees thought were perfectly "faced" until I came along. I know they want to go home as early as they can, but THE STORE IS OPEN TILL TEN. At ten, there's plenty of time to put the things away no one would buy. Hopefully, someone will unwrap them and sell them in the morning.

Breakfast
Celery/Broccoli Omelet
Tea

Snack
30 Pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
6 oz Plain Yogurt
2 Tsp Peanut Butter

Lunch: Russo's Salad
Red Leaf Lettuce
Grilled Chicken
Onions, Olives, Artichokes
Feta Cheese

Dinner
Rainbow Trout a la Emily
Savoy Cabbage Stir Fry
Fruit 2 O

Walking through the bread aisle was really something. There was an overwhelming yeastiness and I had the sensation of bread-pliancy as one feels when you press on the bread. Bread, Macaroni and Bread all in one aisle. I started to feel like a failure from Breadaholics anonymous. I took a deep breath, took nothing in the aisle, and went to checkout.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I failed the word verification once again. Although I have a post graduate degree they are too smart for me. So I'm enclosing yesterday's comment with todays. I hope I make it through. Love, MOM