Monday, January 23, 2006

Day 329: Trip to Marblehead

Social eating is a whole other kind of thing you have to deal with on your diet. Different from just plain ol' restaurant eating with your S.O., social eating to me is a trip to someone's house with a spread, like a brunch, or some formal or semi-formal occasion where some kind of buffet is available, like a wedding. I'm not sure that I'll ever excel at my diet when a plate of appealing food is just lying around begging to be sampled or eaten. I find the biggest difference is that it's easy to manage your portion control when you know, say, that you have 15 minutes to eat; or that you have limited choices (as in at your workplace) or when someone else makes your dinner. It's harder when you're out there in the world, say on vacation, when the point is to ENJOY YOURSELF. That's hard.

Breakfast
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean Cereal
3/4 cup Unsweetened Silk Soy Milk
Tea

Early Lunch
5 oz. 50% Jalapeno Lite Cheddar
3 Slices of Ham
2 Slices of Toscano Salami
Ass't Bites of Other Cheeses
1 Cup Coffee

Snack
Fruit 2O
1 Joy Stick
15 Almonds
6 oz plain yogurt with 2 Tbs peanut butter and 1/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean
1 Celery Stalk

Dinner
Steak Tips
Emily's Spicy Bok Choy with Scallions
Cabbage, Onion and Feta Salad

I went to the gym today and IT WAS HARD. I'm not sure why, but it was one of those days where I ran at a rate of about 6.5mph so I could get it over with faster. I did 3 miles (in under 30 minutes, a record) then, jelly-legged I did another FAST half-mile around the track. I really worked up a sweat—so much that I had to wipe down my headphones (sorry if that's a disturbing image). I really didn't have much more in me, but I was wondering, why was it so hard? Why was I so tired? What about Naomi?

1 comment:

Mom said...

So what was the occasion in Marblehead? Could your name be Luna? Love, MOM
PS: I"ve learned the difference between g and q ....I'm a quick study.