Friday, January 20, 2006

Day 327: Meat Day


Another beautiful day and another day for a walk with the Domania gang. Though one member was missing, it was otherwise an all-in walk, including our pregnant member, who joined though she was worried we would find the walk too slow. We didn't but I believe that any walking is good walking (in terms of health). If you ask me if I'd rather walk to the video or drive I would shoot you a dirty look. In the book "Natural Cures..." the author Kevin Trudeau says;
"When you go for a walk, not only are you getting the benefits of the exercise of the slow rhythmic movement, you lymph system is getting toxins out of your body...the energy is flowing through the meridians and you are allowing for the earth's magnetic energy to flow through your body, energizing your cells. You are also looking out and externalizing through your eyes at far away distances, which increases the electromagnetic energy in your body...It has a profound effect on your state of mind and happiness."

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain Bread
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Lite Cheddar
2 Slices of Ham
Tea

Snack
30 Pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
6 oz plain yogurt
2 Tbs peanut butter

Lunch: Not Your Average Joe's
Sirloin Tips
Green Beans
House Salad

Dinner
93% Ground Sirloin Burger
Pickles
Cabbage a la Emily

Emily had been on a fish-a-ma-jig so I was surprised to have red meat for dinner, especially since I had had it for lunch, eschewing the usual salad choice. Ironically, I was the only one at the table to order a non-salad, which was typical for my old self. I once made a business mentor and colleague chuckle endlessly when I ordered "a second rasher of bacon—for the table." And that wasn't the only story of that kind of order out there. There is no doubt that I might always struggle with numbers on the scale, but barring apocalyptic terror that drives me to a box of chocodiles (http://www.freshchocodiles.com/) , I think my ways have been changed for good. Certainly for the better.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Certainly for the better and hopefully for good. Great sharing with you and Em tonight. Tomorrow I shall sample the famous Balthazar bread.. To be continued....Love, MOM