Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Day 310: Phase One, Again

"Any ordinary man would have given it up by now."—The Swanky Modes

This is what I was thinking this morning as I attempt to re-mount a Phase One South Beach diet on the same day that I return to work after nearly two weeks off. As if the deck weren't already stacked, it's snowing outside, I can't find Ruby's snowpants, and in the end it doesn't matter because after we're standing outside for a minute in the cold when I realize that school is cancelled. I have to knock on a neighbor's door to confirm this, and so it's back inside. It was a stressful morning, but I realized that once you set your mind to something, you can't be swayed unless you allow it, or you really didn't have your mind "set."

Breakfast
Two Hard Boiled Eggs
Two Slices of Canadian Bacon
6 oz V8
Tea

Snack
30 Pistachios
12 oz Coffee (half decaf)
1 Cheese stick
6 oz PLAIN yogurt with 2 tsp peanut butter

Lunch
Steamed Chicken with Vegetables
Soy Sauce (though not the Soy-Ginger sauce the menu had promised)

Dinner
Pan-sauteed chicken
Broccoli
Pickles

Of course, the thing I remember about being on Phase One was how much easier it was to write down what I ate. In just this one day of being back on Phase One I realized how much I had let myself 'indulge' recently, even though by my previous standards of eating a large sub at Mighty Subs ("Our small is their Large"), it wasn't quite indulgent at all. I had basically reduced my eating to three meals and two snacks a day, though at times that was challenging. On this first 'new' day of Phase One, I thought I would need to rely on the fudgicle for dessert as I did on my very first day (http://sobediet.blogspot.com/2005_02_01_sobediet_archive.html). Fortunately, that was not the case, I eased through the night with ease, which basically told me I was lucky to be at 196 with the way I'd been carrying on with my cheese-eating ways.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good work. It sounds like it's going to be a bit easier this time. But your have changed your life no matter what that damn scale says. Love, MOM