Friday, January 06, 2006

Day 312: Ho Hum


I'm afraid there just isn't a lot to report. My breakfast and snacks have been the same, and there's nothing that can make swoon for toast like being on Phase One of the South Beach diet. It just goes to prove that I can live without just about anything in my life, but bread, and especially Balthazar bread, which now Emily is addicted to and eating up all the supply before my two weeks is up.

Breakfast
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
2 Slices of Canadian Bacon
6 oz V-8 juice
Tea

Snack
Coffee (12 oz, half decaf)
30 Pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
6 oz Plain Yogurt, 2 Teaspoons Peanut Butter

Lunch
Salad: Chicken Breast, Olives, Balsamic Vinegar, Feta Cheese, Onions, Red Peppers

Dinner
Shrimp and Baby Bok Choy a la Emily

I did read the South Beach diet book again but I'm not sure if I'm cheating by having three snacks—cheese sticks, pistachios and yogurt with peanut butter. The first go around on phase one I had just a cheese stick or just the nuts, so that might explain why it's been so much easier. Conversely, I might just have figured out how to have the more substantial snack later in the day when it's harder to resist things like cookies. Also, for some unknown reason, I have been able to stave off my consumption of any sweets and fudgicles, lending to credence to the claim by South Beach creators that going on the diet will rid you of the cravings for such things. On my last day before Phase One I did have two Doritos (which I failed to note in this blog) and I realized that you could eat a whole bag of those before you realize you even ate one. That's why I suppose, America is fat. Plus, we love TV.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Stand firm...you're doing great. Can you order the bread on the internet or can I pick it up for you when I come up? You need to believe in the future with toast. Love, MOM