Monday, September 26, 2005

Day 210: Looking Back on Food, Fondly

I don't have to tell you that one of the greatest things about New York is the ubiquitous availability of the greatest food in the world. For nearly 20 years, my trips down to New York were almost always centered on what I was going to eat. Literally, I kid you not, there was always at least one plan (if only in my mind) about a particular meal I would eat or a place to eat at. I think this is a common thing for anyone who lives somewhere where they get accustomed to the meals. It's only that New York has an endless supply of them, from Deli to Sushi, and from morning bake and cakeries to late-evening noshing. Of course, my favorite was always the Deli from Kensington Deli, which even among the titans of New York, like 2nd Avenue Deli, Katz's and The Carnegie holds its own.

Breakfast
Whole Wheat English Muffin
1 tsp Peanut Butter
2 oz. Jalapeno Cheddar 50% Lite

Post Tennis Snack
Cantaloupe
6 oz blueberry yogurt 'lite' yoplait
nutsapalooza

Lunch
Corned beef/Pastrami Rollmops with Mustard
.5 oz cheddar cheese stick
Cole slaw
a apple of questionable age

Dinner
Steak Strips
Caesar Salad
Ass't Vegetables: Eggplant, Zucchini, Tomato, String Beans, Carrots
Some Apple sauce I gave to Magnolia.

It was good to get out on the Tennis court. My opponent (in this case my brother-in-law) said the change in my speed was noticeable. Obviously, I credit the domania gang for getting me out walking and the elliptical machine at the JCC for building my stamina. I would have liked to play for another hour and half (we were out there for about 90 minutes as it was), but it was not to be. I would love it if I could get into a Tennis rotation here in Boston. If anyone has ideas, let me know.

No comments: