Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Day 205: Lost My Sense of Humor


I don't want to complain, really. You have enough people in your life that do nothing but blather on. But today was truly one of those tough, tough days. Things bad at home (stairs project gone awry); things bad at work (client work going awry); things bad at the neighborhood (neighbor relations gone awry) and being constantly haunted by the twin specters of money problems and a 1 lb Trader Joe's chocolate bar I keep in my office for emergencies. I almost broke it out today. Fortunately, I stuffed myself with nuts and the feeling passed. Then, after what seemed like an endless day, the day came to a close. I broke out the wine for a special occasion—pity.

Breakfast
1 cup Fruit: Nectarine and Blueberries
6 oz Strawberry "Lite" Yogurt
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
12 oz black coffee (half decaf)
1 dragon stick
1 cheese stick
2 oz. Planters salted peanuts

Lunch
Beef kebab
Greek Salad

Dinner
Turkey, Onions
Sauteed Cabbage

Dessert
1 Glass Zinfandel

I must also add that I am grateful to the people at work for being helpful and tolerating me in my blathering, lost state. Tomorrow is the ye olde book fair at Ruby's school, and that is bound to lift my spirits. Also today, Gary finally wrote back, ending the 45-day embargo. It wasn't much, but it was proof that maybe good things come to those who wait.

3 comments:

Mom said...

All right who is Gary and why has he been mad at you? You and George (W) must go easy on the grape..... Terrible rumors on radio that he is drinking again.....but I don't think he's trying to lose weight. Hope tomorrow is better. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHO IS GARY AND WHY DO YOU LOVE TO MENTION HIM???

Anonymous said...

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHO IS GARY AND WHY DO YOU LOVE TO MENTION HIM???