Saturday, September 10, 2005

Day 194: A Feeling of Wellness?

Today I got up and I was super-hungry. I thought I would solve this by having a super-big, protien-rich breakfast. Alas, no, that did not help. Got to work, and was very hungry, but the tumblers did fall my way and I was able to go on a VERY BRISK domania walk during lunch. Got back and had to make do a with a salad from Christos Seven Star (see place of very questionable tuna). By the time I had lunch it was 1:45. When I got home for dinner there was more salad (and it should be noted, more mysterious tuna). Still hungry, I had a chocolate yogurt (fat-free); the closest thing I've had to desert since Martha's Vineyard.

Breakfast
1 Slice When Pigs Fly Bread
1 Tsp Peanut Butter
1 oz Cracker Barrel Yellow
2 Slices Black Forrest Ham

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
1 dragon stick
30 cashews
1 blueberry yogurt

Lunch
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken

Dinner
Greek Salad with Mysterious Tuna
Chocolate Yogurt

About the title: when Ruby woke us up this AM at 6:50 I thought it was Monday, but then realized it was Friday. Right away I was feeling good. Then, I felt, for the first time in months, or even years, the creative urge coming back to me. I wrote a little during breakfast. Later that day I got my computer back; and Magnolia may even be taking steps toward walking (or doing something other than laying around). Meanwhile, we hired a contractor to do our steps and today I came home and there was a big kobuta where my steps once were. It isn't much of a story, but it sure is a pretty, 10,000lb machine.

2 comments:

Mom said...

It's always nice when it's Friday and not Monday! Glad the computer is back...that's key...and even more pleased that Magnolia is beginning to think about locomotion....and beginning to write to boot. Wonderful! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

dearest rob. it has been a while and with the us open coming to a close you and i can get reacquainted again. it has been a hell of a two weeks. inspirational. have you thought about checking into the indoor court winter tennis league near your house? well, i have missed you and now again i am caught up and cheering you on. a fun game would be for everyone not to sign their entries and you figure out who we are... love me