Friday, September 09, 2005

Day 193: Still on the Diet

www.redcross.com

When Ruby was a baby I remember there was some very peaceful time in the mornings. Ruby and Emily would still be together and I would be free to shower, have breakfast, read the paper(s) and get ready for work. For the first time since then, I am finding I have about 20 minutes free every morning. This morning was rare—I had my turkey bacon and eggs while watching the end of last night's tennis match between Blake and Agassi. People who know me know I can't tell a hockey ball from a basketball stick, but I love tennis. I just was there, smacking up on my breakfast, it was quite a moment. Sure, there are bigger and more meaningful moments, but with the sun shining and Ruby off to Kindergarten, the girls upstairs sleeping and 15 minutes of tennis ahead of me, I sure was happy. But then I thought, "I wonder when Gary will call me?"

Breakfast
3 Whites, 2 Yolks
Two Strips of Jennie-O
1 oz. Cracker Barrel Yellow
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup mixed almonds/cashews
1 oz. peanuts
1 small nectarine

Lunch
3 Roll Mops: Ham, Mozzarella, Romaine Lettuce
Olives

Dinner
Chicken Breast
Greek Salad
Zucchini, Leeks and Scallions

Not sure I'll be able to get a walk in tomorrow at work because a client chose lunchtime to schedule a meeting--eek. Maybe I will try and get out in the late afternoon if possible. I must again keep my snacking under control. This year I'm looking forward to Yom Kippur (the day of fasting). Except for the guilt and atonement, the fasting should be a snap.

2 comments:

deutschzilla said...

did you say eek?

Mom said...

I'm sleepy because I stayed up to watch the tennis last night. Agassi won on pure will and guts... not to mention brilliant tennis. It was amazing! If ever there was a standard for not giving up and staying with it...it was in that match. Love, MOM