Sunday, September 11, 2005

Day 196: September 11th

I can't say that I spent most of the day thinking about the terror attacks of 2001, or even about my friend Ray, who died then. But, if you want, you can read what I wrote in 2002 (http://sneakerworks.com/images/september_02.jpg). I have been thinking about important things, and my head has been getting kind of screwy. To solve this, I went to the gym and kept an unprecedented 6.0 mph rate on the elliptical, by which I got to three miles in under 35:00 minutes, which I think is the fastest I've ever done. I can tell you that while it didn't clear my head, it was very helpful and therapeutic. It's true what they say about those endorphins. Also, I'm planning to go see Detecto tomorrow, so I wanted to be prepared.

Breakfast
1 Whole Wheat English Muffin
1 Tsp Peanut Butter
10 oz. Coffee
1 oz Cracker Barrel Yellow

Snack
1 oz. Cracker Barrel Yellow
6 oz Yoplait Yogurt with 5 Strawberries
2.5 Fistfuls of Cashews/Almonds

Lunch
Greek Salad with Tuna
4 oz. Lowfat Cottage Cheese

Dinner
Teriyaki Steak Tips
Peppadews
Broccoli

I did feel good after working out, but now feel a bit blah. I suspect I will have gained some weight back tomorrow, and I 'm not that keen to find that out. There is a line in the Barbie Movie (Princess & The Pauper) that Ruby made us watch 1,000 times that I hear in my head over and over again: "Courage is the key that opens every door." So even though I'm afraid, I'm going to go to that scale and see what happens. To quote Woody Allen, "90% of life is just showing up."

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm a tad afraid to write again since I thought I was deleting the messages for your last entry and they're all "up threre." Sorry. Good luck with Detecto. I know how hard you have been trying. Love, MOM