Saturday, September 03, 2005

187: Labor Day Weekend Begins

A short one tonight because I have spent most of my time fretting about various different elements of my life and replaying the Tivo of the Concert for Hurricane relief. Did anyone else see that but me? Well, you should donate if you haven't (www.redcross.org) but you can do it quickly and easily by going to the iTunes store if the Red Cross site is inaccessible.

Breakfast
2 Yolks, 3 Whites
2 Strips Jennie O
1.2 oz Cheese (you know what kind)
Tea

Snack
1/2 cup cashews/almonds
1 oz peanuts
1 apple (granny smith)
1 dragon stick

Lunch (Chinese)
Shredded Beef with Cabbage, Peppers
Sliced Chicken with Spinach
Dumplings

Dinner
90% Burgers
Olives
Emily's Cabbage
Peppadews
1.2 oz Cheese

My snacking is out of control and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I must spend all my time working on a Windows computer. As a former Mac-only zealot whose computer has been in the shop for ALMOST THREE WEEKS my nerves are frayed and I am without many of my bookmarks, documents, emails and addresses. Not to mention the fact that the Windows machine is quite slow and really- not a viable long term substitute. I just can't believe that's what 90% of America uses for their computing needs. Anyway, using it increases my stress and frustration level, thereby sending me to the nut-bag if you will. It doesn't help that we are also bombarded with Katrina images and heartbreaking stories. Really, would anyone blame anyone if they had to binge on some Ben and Jerry's?

1 comment:

Mom said...

No, I didn't see the concert but I heard about one heartbreaking part of it which was broadcast onthe nationl news....where some black actor says, and he's right, that Bush hates black people. Doesn't he know we are all connected. Losing the Gulf region is bad for all of us with repercussions we can't even imagine. OH well, if he oculd think. Anyway, now is the time to be especially on guard. Watch those nuts! Love,MOM