Friday, September 16, 2005

Day 200: Independence From Lethargy


Despite the fact that I still don't get to bed on time, and am woken up several times during the night by children, I still feel like I have better energy all the time. I remember many a Friday night or weekend when I just couldn't lift a finger. Someone under 40 should never have to feel that way, but now I know it was all those unhealthy carbs and poor eating choices (e.g. "I'll just have this bowl of Rice Chex before bed.") Here, on day 200, I am taking a moment to reflect on that.

Breakfast
1 Slice WPFMGA Bread
1 Tsp Peanut butter
2.4 oz 50% Lite Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
30 pistachios
1 baby bonbel cheese

Lunch (Chinese V.1)
Sliced Chicken with Spinach
Shredded Pork with Cabbage and Celery

Dinner (Chinese V.2)
Steak with Scallions
Chicken with Broccoli
Teryaki Beef
1 Chow Fun Noodle
Ass't Chinese Noodles
Egg Drop Soup

Dessert
4 oz. Nutrasweet Fat Free Chocolate/Carmel

On this day, it just so happened that Emily's sister and brother in law were over, and volunteered to stay with the kids while we went out. So after my second Chinese meal of the day (which included a brief insane moment of eating crunchy-noodles) we set out for a date. Well, at 10 of 9, there isn't much you can do in the sleepy 'burbs, so naturally we went out for an ice cream cone. We went to the Big Dipper, but they were closed. So we went to check out Cold Stone Creamery, but we both found their product less than acceptable. So we hoofed it over to J.P. Licks ("20 Years of Licks") and split the absolutely, lowest-calorie, lowest-fat, lowest-sugar product they had in the 2nd smallest size. It was very little like ice cream, except that it was cold and wet. And that was enough.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi. Missed you last night. Tried to send my dad your web address but he couldn't open it. Will try again. If it's allowed on Sobe I recommend the Healthy Choice Microwave Popcorn.....like the cold wet treat you describe...it's close enough to the real thing. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

COLD STONE????? It's universally despised...