Friday, April 27, 2007

Year 3, Day 58: Eggs for Snacks

While I continue to try and break the breakfast rut, I am experimenting with a slightly larger portion of bread for breakfast. It looks like two slices (3 oz) are about 150 calories, so even with 4 tablespoons of super chunky peanut butter, I would still be at about 550 calories, probably less than the Kashi-Berries-Soy Milk breakfast at 600. Since I make all the eggs for Magnolia in the morning (and she doesn't necessarily want to eat them all) I am experimenting with having them for snack. At 70 calories each, they're not bad and they're filling, but since 40 of those calories are from fat you have to lump them in with peanut butter—they're diet busters if you don't watch it.

Breakfast
2 Slices (3 oz.) Iggy's 7-Grain Bread
Super Chunky Peanut Butter
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Coffee

Snack
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 Cameo Apple

Lunch: Chan Shin Yuan
Chicken with Spinach
Scallops with Asparagus
Chun King Pork
Beef with Cabbage

Dinner:
Turkey Crumble with lettuce & Cabbage
Boneless Spare Ribs

16 Chocolate Chips
2 Squares Dark Chocolate with Almonds
Handfuls of Nuts

Look, I can't explain it, just sometimes we have chocolate in the house. That leads to the examination of chocolate, sometimes the smelling of chocolate, followed by the eating of chocolate, followed by the eating of more chocolate, and then, who knows, a handful of nuts. I'm not proud, but I'm honest. So I'm telling you. This is just what happens sometimes. Then we move on.

No comments: