Saturday, April 14, 2007

Year 3, Day 45: First Workout in Two Weeks

I was so glad to get to the gym today, and to see my old friend the elliptical. I realized how much I hate going to the gym, but I'm so glad I did it every time. If you can really just get past the part where you hate it, the rest (actually being there) is a breeze. I did my usual 7 miles in 65 minutes and then 60 ab crunches. I am getting ready to do more weight training, but as longtime readers know, I am very slow. Since I am astrologically a Cancer, it is said that I move sideways, and sometimes that has felt very true. What I know about myself is that I do not want to rush into anything that I cannot sustain. It has basically taken me three years where I can run seven miles consistently; it will probably take me the same until I get to the equivalent point at weight training.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
plus balthazar granola ('not a low calorie food')
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
Chicken Breast
Cauliflower

Postworkout Snack
6 oz Stonyfield Yogurt
Peanut Butter

Dinner
Blue Ribbon BBQ Burnt Ends
Salad

The last time I was at Balthazar I bought practically one of everything, in addition to the multitudes of loaves of multi-grain pan shaped, pre-sliced loaves of bread. One thing I had to try was their granola. Though 'not a low calorie food' it is something I enjoy in my cereal, and sometimes, yogurt. As I was waiting on line I was asking myself, "why would a bakery make granola better than anyone else?" I could not come up with the answer, but I figured since everything else they do is pretty phenomenal, I might as well take a chance on the granola. It is good, but it's not as good as the Ikea granola. Can you believe that? I can't believe I even wrote that.

No comments: