Sunday, April 22, 2007

Year 3, Day 53: Well, That Only Took Two Years

Amazingly, today a guy from the JCC approached me and gave me the full shpiel about their fitness program. He told me they offer complementatary services that include instruction in cardio, weights, and 'one body part.' I apparently caught his attention because I had become interested in the squat-thrust machine, which I did few reps on today. I really didn't know how to use it, and he instructed me. Even with his instruction, I released the break and made a loud crashing noise. He kept calling me 'sir' even though I told him my name. It was a bit unnerving. It's one thing when a kid calls you sir, but when a 30 year old does it, you know you are O-L-D. I did my usual 65 minutes and seven miles on the elliptical and 75 ab crunches too.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee
plus two bites of emily's toast & peanut butter

lunch
8 oz. blue ribbon brisket
salad

other
6 oz stonyfield yogurt
super chunky peanut butter
handful of cashews & almonds

dinner
breast of chicken
more salad

dessert
20 pistachios
20 chocolate chips

Sometimes working out makes you feel like you can eat anything you want. It does feel that way, but it's not true.

No comments: