Thursday, April 26, 2007

Year 3, Day 57: Jill's Birthday- "Detetcto Says 176"

I always get excited in April because of Jill's Birthday, the Spring and the close arrival of Strawberry season. Though I resolved not to eat them post season last year, I have for the past month broken with that pact and continued to buy all kinds of white, crunchy, tasteless strawberries that I will continue to insist I am enjoying until the real four weeks of heaven (June) arrives and every day is like a strawberry holiday.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
5 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch: russo's ($5.87)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner: Ginza
Beef Yakatori
Edamame
Eggplant
Salad
Soup
Sashimi
Fried Green Tea Ice Cream
Red Bean Ice Cream
Sake

Despite my continuing identity crisis about doctors, I manage to get into the usual doctor's office and get weighed. Though I am now being shuttled from scale to scale, I realize deep down that what's important is that I changed my life and that I can fit into the new, smaller clothes I purchased. Once those things are gone the numbers are going to start to matter a lot more. Detecto says 176, and that's disappointing because I honestly thought I could get below 174 but that has just not been a reality. I'm not sure it should be a reality, but it's disappointing nonetheless. To both celebrate being in the 70s and Jill's birthday, we ate a ton of stuff that we weren't sure what it was. The general assumption is that if it's Japanese it will taste good (unless it's mackerel-based) and most likely to be good for you (unless it's deep-fried). Throwing caution to the wind I had some sake and red bean ice cream, and then vowed to run the triathlon one day.

No comments: