Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Year 3, Day 34: Return Home

Wisely, I skipped the typical drink a lot of wine and eat a lot of sugar-coated nuts at the bar and tried to go to sleep early. For some reason, I got up at 6:30AM. Sadly for me, I thought it was 7:30 because the staff of the IBM Palisades had not set the clocks in the rooms back to the right time. Now if you're someone reading this who automatically checks the clocks in the hotel to see if they right time, then my hat is off to you, but I don't do that and I don't stay at a hotel often enough to know to do that. I only realized what time it was after I was fully dressed and picked up my phone. By that time it was too late to go back to sleep but I didn't want to wake up Ruby. I figured I should just go and have breakfast and I would bring back as much as I possibly could from the "All you could eat" breakfast bar. Usually, I need Ruby with me for her extra pair of hands, and for a distraction so the staff doesn't see me carrying all the morning's profits out the door.

Breakfast
Omelet with ham, mushroom, red pepper, onion
bacon
coffee

On the road
Mcdonald's Bacon Ranch Salad with Chicken (no dressing)
Strawberries
Grapes
Cashews

On Return
A pieces of whole wheat matzoh
chopped chicken liver
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Dinner
Romaine Salad
Cabbage
Feta
Balsamic Vinegar

Again we are so eager to get on the road that we neglect to have any lunch plan. We stop for gas on the road and I when I get back from the bathroom Ruby says she's hungry. I noticed that MacDonald's-on-the-road kiosks are now featuring pizza and pasta using an amazing espresso-like method that instantly boils the noodles without taking a long time. I get a cut up slice, an order or noodles and two salads from McDonald's. When we get back home, Emily and Magnolia take a nap. I ate a lot of chopped chicken liver. Ruby and I light out for the market, where I buy salad fixings, hoping to reverse the last four days in one lonely meal.

No comments: