Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Year 3, Day 41: Election Day

Today was election day, and I am up for office. By some weird coincidence, Magnolia didn't have school so Emily took her to her school, and I drove Ruby to school, stopping at my polling place to vote en route. I have been taking Ruby to vote since the year 2000, when wrapped in a blanket, we took her into the Washington Street polling place. I hope that one day she is excited to participate in the democratic experiment (if there is a United States democracy left by that time). I probably won't find out the election results (whether I won or not) until tomorrow. Ordinarily, this would drive me to the chocolate chips again, but I feel strangely calm.

Breakfast
1 Joseph's Wrap
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
3 Strips Turkey Bacon
smattering of cheese
salsa
Coffee

Snack
4 Sticks beef jerky
1 fuji apple

Lunch: Russo's ($5.05)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner
Hamburger
String Beans
Broccoli
Whole Foods Hot & Sour Soup

I'm not sure where I found the strength today to avoid extra snacks, but I did. It was a combination of zen-like focus ('you can only lose weight when you're hungry'); discipline, and possibly the results of having eggs. From Men's Health: " According to a recent study, Louisiana State University researchers found that when people had eggs for breakfast, they ate 250 fewer calories during the rest of the day than when they had a bagel instead." So maybe there's something to that?

No comments: