Monday, April 02, 2007

Year 3, Day 33: Across the George Washington Bridge

As the journey continues, we have to pack up from my Mom's and head West and North to Emily's sister's house, where Passover is going to be. We're staying at the IBM hotel which has a gym. When I drop the family and get to the hotel I thought I was going to work out but instead I took a nap in the broad daylight with my clothes on. Now how tired do you have to be to do that? Running on fumes at this points, and Magnolia has a cold. Even though we are 39 miles from New York City, where you can get literally anything the world has to offer, there isn't a CVS within 20 minutes of the hotel. We hope for the best.

Breakfast
Total Whole Grain
Kashi Go Lean@
Banana
Strawberries
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
a few bites of chicken
brisket
leeks
cole slaw

snack
1 dragon stick
1 red delicious apple
cashews & almonds

dinner
2 pcs gefilte fish
turkey
celery/carrot
leeks
asparagus

dessert
2 almond cookies
1 brownie

For the fourth night in a row, I am taken in by a little sweetness at the end of the night, and the more you give in, the more you give in. Tonight I eat more dessert on top of a big day of eating. No exercise. Although things have gone about as smoothly as they could possibly have gone, Emily and I have lost our joie de vivre and our sense of humor. Amazingly, Emily and I have seen every single living member of our immediate family over these four days. As usual, and for a multitude of reasons, we do not look forward to the drive home.

No comments: