Saturday, September 29, 2007

Year 3, Day 209 Fitness-a-thon

Got up this morning with a sore neck and shoulders, but went to the gym anyway, doing my customary 6 miles in 65 minutes. Not tremendously fast, but still good. Then my brother in law and I played three sets of tennis, which he won 6-3, 6-4, 6-4. It has been a long while since I've played with anyone who could go three sets (except his wife, my sister-in-law).

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch:
Fritatta
Chicken Breast
Assorted Cheeses
Salad

Snack
Almonds & Cashews
Several parts of donuts

Dinner: Elephant Walk
Salmon
Heirloom Tomatoes
Trout
Lots of Wine

Having been looking around Chowhound, Yelp and such before I went out the vineyard, I had spotted "The Hole"-- legendary for having the best donuts anywhere. It so happened that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law were 'down the cape' and my bil loves donuts, so I mentioned it. They went and returned with every conceivable donut. This, of course, sent the household in an apoplectic frenzy of donut-avoidance, eating, and then running away from the donut bag. Later that night, we went out for a luxurious dinner for four at the Elephant Walk. We were going to go to Burdick's in Cambridge for an all-chocolate night-cap but alas, they were closed. So like young tourists, we went to the North End and got a canoli. (Big kudos to Emily for getting us there, since every single road, exit and sign has changed). The Red Sox game was on so the place was lit up like a pinball machine. In a secondary amazing feat by Emily, she found a free parking spot, and we cruised around for 20 minutes till we remembered we were old, and then drove home.

No comments: