Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Year 3, Day 199: Broken Refrigerator

Have you ever realized something was wrong, but not really understood what it was? This was the case as I went through the morning breakfast ritual, until the painful realization dawned upon me that our refrigerator was broken. Now I have a lot of problems with our refrigerator. First of all, I don't like it. Second of all, it was supposed to have an ice maker but it doesn't, or it wasn't connected, or something but the bottom line is I have to make ice in ice trays and someone in my house who is tall enough to reach the ice trays without a chair is always putting them back with only one ice cube in them. But I digress. So I realize the refrigerator, is in fact not working. I call the number on the refrigerator and they tell me they can't get anyone to my house until Monday. Does that work for me? I ask how I can get it done sooner. The people at Maytag tell me to call the local repair shop they are contracting with and see if they will come sooner. I call them and ask and they say "Maytag tells you to call because they could have us come sooner but it costs more so they have you do it. But we can't come out any sooner unless they pay." I hung up the phone and started working Angie's List.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($5.05)
Romaine, red pepper, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini


Snack
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
1/2 Honey Crisp Apple
1.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Dinner
Romaine, Broccoli, Tuna, Balsamic

I finally got a local guy that would come by today and do it, and he fixed it for a hundred and something dollars. I continue to hate my refrigerator and long for the day when I can rip its door off and put it out on the street.

No comments: