Sunday, September 23, 2007

Year 3, Day 203: The First Day of the New Year

Workout today, 7 miles in 58 minutes. Felt good, went fast. Sweated a lot. Not tired. Then 60 Ab crunches (bad neck feeling) and 20 squat thrusts. I had to get out there of in a hurry because X was looming. For those of you who have not been following, X is a team member at the gym who properly suspects me of having not worked out with a trainer, which I suppose is a no-no. They want you to have a good consult before working out on all the equipment. I tried to do that a few times, but honestly it just didn't work out. I'm hoping the relationship between me as a paying customer and him as a service provider will not pass into some kind of other horrible situation where I am upbraided for my lack of rule-following.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch;
White Fish & Lox
1 Slice Balthazar Bread with Cheddar Cheese
Peppadews
More Goat Cheese
3 Deviled Eggs

Snack
1.5 Honey Crisp Apples
.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
14 Almonds

Dinner
Steak Tips
Grilled Peppers
Salad

Other
Inside Out Whoopie Pie

I decided to make a devil's food cake today. It was supposed to be a whoopie pie, with two layers of cake and one layer of whoopie, but due to breakage out of the pan, I tried to ice them together but the whole affair just reeked of desperation. As usual, we brought it to our neighbors, who devoured it, but only rated it 'fair.' To be honest, that was probably kind.

No comments: