Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Year 3, Day 197: Big Trip to New York (Again)

Today I once again prepared to go to New York State. It's the third time within 10 days and to three different parts of the state. It is for work and lots of big meetings.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Milled Flaxseed
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($5.21)
Romaine, red pepper, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Train Snack
1 Honey Crisp Apple
Nearly Poisonous Almonds

Dinner: Wolfgang's
Mixed Greens
Shrimp Cocktail (4 Shrimp, weighting a pound)
1/2 slice of canadian bacon (why a side dish, I don't know)
Black and Blue Tuna
Broccoli sauteed in garlic and olive oil (but tasted funny)
Cottage Fries (which were really potato chips)
2 Glasses red Wine, 1 glass Riesling (way too sweet)\

My colleague and I picked Wolfgang's as the place to go after vetting many different places in New York to have dinner. Though it is a famous steak house, I for some reason decided I needed to eat a piece of fish, and so ordered the black and blue tuna. This was a mistake. It wasn't that it didn't taste good, it's that I am a true blue idiot for going to one of New York's premier steak houses and ordering fish. Really, it's not a defensible choice. Everything else was quite good, but as is frequently the case after a night at a New York steak house, the night was full of fitful sleep, club soda and I think a few Tums.

No comments: