Saturday, September 22, 2007

Year 3, Day 202: Another Fast Done With

Well I must say that I dislike fasting but since starting the South Beach program it's been a different cup of tea. It's definitely difficult to go without food (and mostly without water) but breaking the fast has become more challenging, too. My old breakfast was bagels, cheese, etc. And mostly I've avoided those. But in my new, relaxed "phase three" mode, I let myself have it.

Break Fast
Cashews
1 Slice Challah
1 Glass Red Wine
1 Glass White Wine
Coffee
1 Whole Wheat Everything Bagel
Cream Cheese
Lox
Whitefish
Assorted Cheeses
Chicken Soup
Peppadews
Pickles

1 taste of ice cream
1 square of chocolate

We had a bunch of folks over including Jillz and following the breakfast we watched the Red Sox game. As tradition has it, we pepper our fanatical Red Sox fans with questions that they find irritating but answer because they love us and they're at our house. The Red Sox need help and we summon up the rally monkey. This has the desired effect and we all go to bed happy, and very, very full.

No comments: