Thursday, November 30, 2006

Year 2, Day 272—2006: A Skin Oddity/Detecto Says 176

Last night Ruby developed some kind of skin oddity that sent Emily and I to call the pediatrician. Now we are pretty slow to call the pediatrician but we were both a bit worried/flumoxed by this development. We decided she needed to see the today (Thursday) so I had to go to work late, which was a bummer because this was going to be the only walkable day of the week (besides Monday, which was the first day back after a long holiday). As it turned out, one of our co-workers was celebrating a birthday so everyone went for Sushi but I made lunch for me and Ruby at home. Since she wasn't contagious (said the Doctor), after lunch I dropped her back at school and went to work.
Breakfast
2 Not Quite Soft-boiled Eggs
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain
Coffee *yum*

Snack
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn
2 oz 50% Reduced Fat Jalapeno Cheddar
4 Beef Jerky Sticks

Lunch:
Hamburger
Cabbage/Lettuce Salad with Feta
Balsamic Vinegar

Dinner:
Almonds & Cashews
Chicken Fingerlings
Cabbage
String Beans

Dessert
4 Squares Green & Black Chocolate

At the Doctor's office, I weighed myself again. Sure enough, their Detecto says 176 lbs. Pretty amazing. Because of this revelation, I treat myself to some cashews and almonds when I get home, as well 4 squares of Green & Black chocolate after dinner. Now I don't like to get into the whole dessert thing because it's hard to stop once you're in the mode, but
I have been very hungry upon arrival home lately. Part of this is psychological because if you can just stop eating long enough so that your body realizes it's full, you can stop eating, but if you just keep going, you can really cram a lot in there that you don't need.

No comments: