Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Year 2, Day 257: North Carolina, Day One

First day in North Carolina went pretty much without a hitch from a travel and plan perspective. Looking over my day in advance, I noted that I had a serious lunch problem, as my flight left at 11:00AM and arrived at 1:00PM and I had a meeting at 2, and then at three. I thought hard about what I could eat on the plane and spontaneously came up with an egg salad sandwich (made up eggs that Ruby, Magnolia and Emily didn't eat this morning), microwaved turkey bacon (surprisingly good) plus melted jalapeno cheddar on two slices of Balthazar Multi-grain bread. It was quite good and I drank it was a tomato juice on the plane. (You thought I was going to say I ate it with some fava beans and a nice chianti, didn't you?)

Breakfast
kashi go lean
heritage flakes
blueberries
bananas
unsweetened soy milk
green tea

Plane Lunch
2 SLices Balthazar Multigrain Bread
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar, Melted
About 4 oz. Egg Salad
3 Strips Turkey Bacon
Tomato Juice with Lemon
Diet Coke

Snacks
About 3 oz of Almonds/Cashews
1 Joy Stick

Dinner: Cabo Fish Taco
Mahi-Mahi Burrito
Mexi-Slaw

We may never know why my staff and I decided to drive 25 minutes from our hotel that was offering free appetizers and drinks to wait 45 minutes at a hole-in-the wall place in Charlotte's "Art District," NoDa (North of Davidson). But the food was great—though unnecessarily caloric. I had a great time and then decided that I would take advantage of the gym in the hotel and I worked out for 60 minutes on a combination stair/elliptical that I didn't push myself too hard on. I did sweat, and I did do 60 minutes, and it was at 10:00pm at night. But it wasn't my greatest workout. I have an early call for rope climbing tomorrow, so I've got to sign off.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi, Okay I'm try the system again. So let me know if it goes through. Good planning for your airplane travel. We didn't plan well for our trip to Hawaii and it was a problem. I let Ruth get the turkey sandwiches....mistake. She said she had a great deli but got short of time and went to Waldbaum's. I knew I should have gotten KD but had a temporary lapse. We'll be better prepared for the flight home. I'm impressed that you kept up you exercise on the road. I'm trying to swim everyday here. Bridge is rough but I'm learning. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Great Blog.

Please visit my blog if you are looking for Weight Loss Tips and diet Information.