Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Year 2, Day 264: Pre Thanksgiving

Amazingly, I got up early and got to work out today. This was vital because I missed my workout on Sunday due to a previously-described raking injury. I did six miles on the elliptical, which the woman at the gym insisted was called a cross-trainer. The woman at the gym pointed to the label on the wipe board (yeah, like that proves ANYTHING) and it did in fact say X-TRA. But a brief search on the Internet (like that proves ANYTHING) reveals that all machines with arm and leg movements are generally called ellipticals, not cross-trainers, even if their purpose is cross-training. We really recognize the elliptical for its cardio value, not necessarily any cross-training, but nevertheless she was insistent and I felt silly, as I have never referred it to here in these hundreds of days as a cross-trainer.

Breakfast
Kashi
Heritage
Banana
Blueberries
Coffee

PostworkoutSnack
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
3 Tablespoons SC Peanut Butter

Lunch: Peter's Kitchen
Chicken Kebab with Feta

Dinner:
Salad
Pickles
Peppadews
Amy's Onion-Hamburger
A wee bit of blue ribbon BBQ
2 glasses red wine

Emily's sister and brother-in-law arrived and Emily immediately went out to play tennis. I stayed home with her sister Amy and the kids. It was kind of a nice night, so we all just hung around, trying to cram all of the food they brought, plus the organic turkey and the ice cream into our little refrigerator. It's at times like these that I wish I had a second refrigerator, but that would necessitate having a second house, because we don't have any room as it is. Luckily, the fridge shelves are nearly almost always padded with science projects-in-the-making that are really begging to be thrown away. Sometimes the tupperware has to be sacrificed since Emily and I have become too frail to wash old-chicken containers. With hard work, determination and clothespins-on-noses (a few of my favorite things) we made enough room for everything, and then we went to make dinner and had to do all kinds of acrobatics to reach things that had been unfortunately tucked away.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, It does sound like fun...and it is good to get rid of those relics in the refrigerator. Don't even get me started....Hope you had a great holiday. Love, MOM