Sunday, November 26, 2006

Year 2, Day 268- Hardest Workout Ever

After spending all of Saturday feeling achy, I decided not to give in to both the old-ness and the Thanksigiving-to-Christmas inertia. I soldiered on to the gym, which was pretty empty (a telling sign). I did my 60 minutes and just barely completed six miles. It was quite hard, and several times I thought I was going to quit early. It wasn't so much that it was hard as I felt like different parts of me weren't going to make it. I spent most of mile three at 5.4 mph and did a lot of clock watching. Also, I went at an odd time, around 1:30 and hadn't really had a proper lunch so there was that. If you're doing a lot of clock and MPH watching at the gym, you probably aren't getting a good workout. That's not science, it's just something I think about when I'm at the gym. If I can be bored, I'm not working hard enough. But sometimes it's all you can do.

Breakfast
3.5 slices of Turkey Bacon
Two Hard Boiled Eggs
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
Coffee

Pre-Workout/Lunch-Snack
17 Crispy Wheat Thins
12 Cheese Crackers
A few bites of chicken soup
a few slices of chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken

Post-workout/Lunch-snack
6 oz plain yogurt
3 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter
1 serving Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs
1 Handful almonds/Cashews
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn
2 slices toscano picante

Dinner
Steak Tips
Broccoli
Peppadews

Of course the worst Sunday night is the Sunday night after a week-long vacation, but the very next worst one after that is having to go back to work after five days off for Thanksgiving. One of the great things about kids is that they don't let you stay inside that anxiety-filled adult space for two long, with their calming shrieks and their distracting and charming breaking of your cherished personal belongings. But it's very helpful because sometimes it's the only thing that can get you off of focusing on the problem: you have to go to work tomorrow. Again. And then again after that.

No comments: