Monday, November 20, 2006

Year 2, Day 262: Monday's Back

Not 100% recovered from my raking injury, but rather than stay at home and rest, I decide to get back to work since it is a merciful short week though there is much to do. I have been making hard-boiled eggs for the kids for breakfast, which is very easy because it requires no cooking, only timing. But Ruby has become to flummox me because she now only wants scrambled eggs, which I explain to her is a special order and costs more. Also, uneaten hard-boiled eggs can be recycled, into egg salad, but uneaten scrambled eggs just become compost.

Breakfast
2 Eggs (+1 Yolk)
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
Green Tea

Snack
1 Extra Smokey
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
4 Slices Beef Jerky
25 Almonds

Lunch: Russo's ($5.27)
Red pepper, red leaf, red onion
mushrooms, broccoli, feta, chicken
balsamic vinegar

Dinner: Legal Seafoods
Oysters (6)
Shrimp Cocktail (3)
Salad with Feta
Grilled Mahi-Mahi
Broccoli with Cheese

It was a very big eating day. Though it wasn't a BAD eating day, there was a lot of volume. This mostly comes from returning to the office after a long absence (five days total) and nursing an injury, which makes you feel sorry for yourself, and therefore, reach for the almonds. Later that night I went out to dinner with my brother and a friend and we ordered appetizers in advance of my friend showing up. When he came, he told us he couldn't eat shellfish, so we had to eat all of his. I kept the order simple and clean, but it was 9:00 or so by the time we were finished. The desserts, while proffered, were refused, though I did have a cup of decaf and prayed it wouldn't keep me up all night. It didn't.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sorry to hear about your injury. I can understand that it could make a person turn to nuts...but stand fast. Your devotion to this program is just great. Love, MOM

P.S. I think I'm getting the hand of posting the comments now.