Sunday, November 19, 2006

Year 2, Day 261: Raking Injury Strikes

Magnolia and I got up early this morning so I decided to take her to the supermarket. This turned out to be a good idea for two reasons. One, the pre-Thanksgiving crowd was gearing up and by the time I left the store, it started to feel the ground shaking from the number of ants crawling all over the crumb. There was a palpable nervous energy to the organic over-achievers that are shopping for ingredients so many days before Thanksgiving. We got out with our lives. Two, shortly after we got home, I was holding Magnolia so she could see out the door when I nearly collapsed from a muscle spasm, that I later realized was probably the result of improper raking techniques. Ruby, God bless her, agreed to peel all the carrots for the brisket and chicken soup while I laid on the ground, pondering my next step. Though I was upset to be laying in the foyer of my house unable to move, I was really bumming out about not going to the gym.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Banana
Blueberries
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Green Tea

Lunch (Need to eat)
2 Joy Sticks
1 Cheese Stick
1 oz. Popcorn

Post-Lunch Snack
Robert's Turkey Crumble
Lettuce
Diet Coke

Dinner
Brisket
Onions, Celery, Carrots

Felled by injury, I took to bed and therefore grabbed what I could and got into bed with an ice pack and some medication. After resting, I got up and ate some more. This was my first at home, non-Sunday work out in nearly a year, and I was very unhappy about it. The saving grace was that I knew my brother and sister-in-law were coming and there would be a lot of tennis this week—if I could get healthy by then. In my weakened condition I tried to 'punt' on the brisket, by using a crock-pot, and I have to say that in the most charitable sense, it needs work.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about you :raking injury." Although I can't imagine what you could have done to produce a muscle spasm via raking leaves. But perhaps it's just that my imagination is limited. Hope you're feeling well soon. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

How many calories do you need in a day? To learn more, please visit Weight Loss